Q: How does this work?
The process involved in ordering your bespoke poem is both simple and comprehensive to ensure your poem is exactly what you hope for.
- Firstly, please select your chosen Bespoke Poetry product (25, 35 or 45 line).
- Next, please make payment for your chosen poem using paypal’s secure payment service.
- Once you have completed payment you will be sent an email confirmation and asked to fill in Mantimoon’s Bespoke Poetry Form. This asks for your name, email, your contact number, the best time to contact you, the occasion, the date of the occasion, the recipient’s name and your relationship to the recipient.
- Next, Lottie Angell will place a telephone call to you within 48 hours where you and she can discuss details about your chosen recipient(s) and the occasion.
- Within 14 days of receiving a phone call Lottie will create your poem and e-mail you a proof for your approval. Please note that during these 14 days she may need to email to ask some follow up questions. If you are unable to respond in a timely fashion this may delay how long it takes to send you the first proof.
- The next step will require you to offer feedback via e-mail and Lottie will make any necessary tweaks.
- The final version will be sent to you within a further 7 days as an e-mail (PDF copy).
Q: How long will it take for me to receive my poem?
It normally takes between 2-3 weeks from start to finish. This includes placing an order, discussing your order by telephone, Lottie writing the poem, tweaking the poem (if necessary) and e-mailing you the poem.
Q: What will you ask in the phone call and how long will it take?
Your phone call with Lottie will include asking you things such as recounting relevant memories about the intended recipient(s). Your chat is designed to give Lottie an overall picture of your relationship with the recipient(s) and act as an opportunity to discuss unique details that you would like featured in the poem. All of this is intended to inspire Lottie and ensure the poem is personal and tailor made for the special person/people you have in mind.
We estimate that your phone call with Lottie will take approximately thirty minutes, however, as we’re sure you can appreciate, this varies according to each person.
The information collected by phone call and any subsequent emails will not be shared with other parties. Your poem will only be used as an example on my website with your written permission which you can change your mind about at any time by e-mailing email@example.com. Mantimoon will keep your questionnaire and any notes made for two months in case of needing to make any changes, after which, it will be disposed of.
Q: Can I ask for any changes to the poem?
Not a problem! Hopefully you won’t need to as the information you provide in the phone call will be worked with very closely but if you feel the poem needs a tweak or two please don’t hesitate to ask.
Q: Will the poem always be written to exactly 25, 35 or 45 lines?
On occasion the poem Lottie is writing may come to a natural stopping point just short of the line guideline, ie: stopping at line 23. Lottie feels it is best to respect this natural stopping point and not force any extra lines in that may detract from the overall quality of the poem. If this is the case, Lottie will of course discuss this with you prior to a final draft being sent. Please be assured though that the length of each poem will be as close as possible to the stated line length.
Q: Can you frame or print my bespoke poem?
At present, all bespoke poems are delivered to you by email, maximising your choice when it comes to printing and framing. In addition, the speedy nature of email delivery ensures you receive your poem quickly once it is finished.
However, please watch this space as in due course printing and framing will be available!
Q: Does the poem belong to me once I’ve purchased it?
We’re afraid not. You can certainly present the poem as a gift to a loved one or read it out at a party or wedding. However, you would not, for example be able to enter the poem into a competition under your own name. Even though you have purchased a poem from Mantimoon, please note every poem remains the intellectual property of Mantimoon/Lottie Angell.
Please don’t hesitate to get in contact with Lottie at any stage if you have a query.